No More Pecking with Pinless Peepers
By: Megan Gay
EggCartons.com Customer Service Rep.
Do your birds peck and pick at one another? Do some of your birds just get the brunt of the abuse? Do you have a single aggressor that thinks he/she is in charge? We have the solution to this complication: our Pinless Peepers. They are sure to limit or prevent the de-feathering or unwanted pecking that’s going on in your flock. “What are Pinless Peepers?” you might ask. They are a kind of plastic spectacle that fits comfortably over your bird’s beak, preventing them from seeing, and therefore pecking what’s in front of them.
Loads of consumers have tried and fell in love with this marvelous invention. Easy to install, people all around have said these peepers are what saved them from having to cull the aggressive agitators of their flock. On "The Chicken Mama's Blog," Joan Hobbs said once the peeper were put on the hens “the drama in the barnyard was reduced dramatically and certainly suggests trying the Pinless Peepers before say KILLING the offending birds.
Installing them is a cinch. When using the Fall Harvest Products® Product Code: # FHP-PPP Pinless Peeper Pliers:
When installing without the Pinless Peeper Pliers:
- Simply hold the Pinless Peeper in one hand with the flat nose bridge top side.
- Grasp the Pinless Peeper Pliers face down and insert into the Pinless Peeper, grasping just inside the spreader bar and in front of the nostril pins.
- Squeeze pliers gently to spread Pinless Peeper, be careful not to crack it and align Pinless Peeper over the bird’s nose so the nostril pins are aligned with nostrils
- Release pliers and you’re DONE!
(Please note that it might be easier if you work with a partner, so one can secure the bird and the other can apply the Pinless Peepers.)
- Hold Pinless Peeper in one hand with flat nose bridge top side.
- Spread Pinless Peeper gently with fingers (soaking in warm water will soften plastic and make this easier.)
- Align Pinless Peeper over the bird’s nose so nostril pins are aligned with nostrils.
- When aligned, simply release the Pinless Peeper ensuring a secure fit.
These Pinless Peepers are perfectly safe. They cause the birds absolutely no pain and will not prevent them from breathing or doing any of their normal activities like foraging, eating or drinking. On the
“Chickens Farm Blog,” Clare said “after peepers were applied and the hens set down, they would scratch at it for a few seconds and then immediately go back to foraging around. They just don’t notice them.”
This little gadget will be sure to make your life with your chickens much easier to handle. Try them for yourself and see what a difference they can make if you have some peckers in your flock.
Click Here to see the Pinless Peepers for yourself or to purchase them for your birds. Click Here for the handy Pinless Peeper Pliers, sure to make the install even easier. We here at EggCartons.com know you won’t be disappointed.